Deadliest Catch: The game
I'll start by saying I have never Watched this show actually, maybe I shall watch it now. The reason I decided to play the deadliest catch game is a mixture of the penny arcade post () and all the romantic notions that I have about braving the harsh-but-beautiful Ocean of The Arctic. Anyway, this game was great for three reasons.
-Reading all the captions was fun.
-The gameplay was fun, because of simplicity.
-The menus were easy to understand, logical and therefore, 'fun.'
Soooo, if I absolutely had to give this game a numerical score I would give it three funs out of three.
That is the maximum amount of funs there can be, it is a perfect score as far as I'm concerned. So, once you have done the COMPLICATED ARITHMETIC, that would be 10/10. There can be no more funs, just stop thinking about he funs already, they are MAXED OUT.
So, if you have read this far I'm sure most of you are thinking "but it's a browser game" or "how can a browser game be perfect", it is not. It is not "a perfect game" as far as dedicated-system games are concerned, BUT for a browser game, it is as good as it gets. I just played one full game, 15 minutes tops. From that, I was able to analyze it properly enough to figure out, that it is way too elaborate for a browser game. The captions are informative, succinct, easy, fun to read. It was fun to read.
Anyway; what I am trying to stress the most is that this game feels like it's had a lot of thought put into it, almost as if it were the chef cooking the crab for the people he loves.
March 4, 2008 at 4:31 AM
I'll give it a 7/10. Although I will admit they had put a lot of effort into it top