<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5637139854052832457?origin\x3dhttp://interlands.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Welcome to The Interlands, your source for all media about everything. This is just because we are too lazy to actually choose just one medium to deliver content to our users. We like beer.

Mai Samurai Sword

I have a really sweet idea for a new control scheme to play First Person Shooters. I'll try to keep this short but I have to setup a premise for it so bear with me:
I've noticed, after playing quite a bit of Call of Duty 4 on both PS3 and PC that you have two very different control schemes, and therefore have two separate, although equal, play-styles at your disposal. Basically, the main draw for PC is the aiming control, "The Almighty Mouse." The main draw for the console control scheme is as I like to put it, "more left stick skills than right stick skills". So basically, on a console, you have precise and smooth control of your foot movement because of the analogue stick itself. It seems as though you have the potential of using that smooth and seamless control to a greater tactical advantage than using the transplanted arrow keys that; W,A,S,D are.
So, my idea would be to use an analogue stick with the necessary buttons for strafing in conjunction with a mouse to aim. If someone got used to this control scheme it would be the best way to play an FPS, I would think.
Well, I hope you read an got all that, I really cant' go into more detail without having done any actual game tests with such a device. It's all hypothetical right now but I think it would be an awesome project to work on.


--Barett

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end